We believe it is our Christian duty to help those in need or those who are suffering and we are seeking to make a difference both in our local area and to wider society:
- The parish chooses particular charities which we donate to over the course of a year or more.
- The parish has a tithing formula for its charitable giving and the amount is shared between charities.
- The parish gives via the Parish World Bank and Christian Aid.
- The parish hosts the Easter Team who work to feed homeless and vulnerable people.
Our current chosen charities (until 2020) are:
- Home-Start Crawley, Horsham & Mid-Sussex – Providing home visits to families struggling with post-natal depression, isolation, physical health problems, bereavement and other issues. Also groups, trips and help with accessing local services.
- Tariro – UK-based but working in Zimbabwe to support orphans or young people whose single parent can no longer look after them. Helping with practicalities (school fees, food and clothing) and also giving attention, support and counselling, young people are helped through school, further education or practical projects until they can stand on their own two feet.
- Our own Parish, where there are several projects requiring our attention such as access improvements and repairs to both St Barnabas’ and St Nicholas’.