Our parish, the Church of England parish of Worth, Pound Hill and Maidenbower (registered charity 1131090), serves the eastern fifth of Crawley, West Sussex, now including Forge Wood, with a population of just under 25,000. We have a pastoral centre, a parish hall and two churches, both of historic and local significance:
- St Nicholas’, Worth, a Grade I tenth-century Anglo-Saxon church of national importance and international interest, is one of the oldest churches in England in continuous use and is open every day.
- St Barnabas’, Pound Hill was built in 1955 as part of the New Town development of modern Crawley and has a prime position in the heart of the community.
Our exciting building project is about improving our facilities, in particular accessibility into and throughout both our buildings, to enable more people to be able to use and enjoy them, and to worship in them.
Click for detailed information on:
- Plans and improvements to St Barnabas’ Church
- Improvements to St Nicholas’ Church
- Architectural plans for St Nicholas’ Church
If you would like to donate towards our improvements, that would be hugely welcomed.
Our bank details are: Parish of Worth Poundhill & Maidenbower, Sort Code: 40-18-22 Account Number: 61223372 and please use either the reference: “St B project” or “St N project”. Our bank is HSBC, 9 The Boulevard, Crawley RH10 1UT.