March 17 14pm
March 17 11.30am
An update on our plans for Worth Parish will follow this afternoon. More information about precautions can be found on the Church of England’s website: churchofengland.org
March 16 11.30am
Our current response (March 16) to the global Coronavirus pandemic is based on advice given to bishops nationally and as a matter of necessity, to use the following measures to care for one another and worship while limiting the risk of spreading Covid-19:
- During the peace and at other occasions, non-tactile greetings are used.
- Altar rails have been removed, meaning there is no need to touch them and we stand for communion
- The clergy use hand sanitizer before offering wafers at communion.
- A small amount of wine is taken by the clergy on behalf of the congregation.
- A collection plates is available at the back of church rather than being passed round.
This is a fast-moving situation and we will respond to any updated information. If further restrictions become necessary or if services are discontinued, we will indicate this on website, pewsheets, mailing list and other notices.