Rector, St Nicholas’ Worth and Forge Wood with the conventional district of St Barnabas’ Pound Hill and Maidenbower, in the modern town of Crawley in West Sussex.
We are a busy Parish with two churches each having their own style of worship. St Nicholas’ Worth, is a Grade I listed Saxon building in a country setting (very popular as a wedding venue) whilst St Barnabas’ Pound Hill is a 1950s new town church with a large Hall, Pastoral Centre and other facilities located in the neighbourhood hub. Together they serve a growing population of approximately 25,000 people. There are excellent local facilities and good road and rail connections to London and the surrounding areas.
The parish is looking for a Rector, who is an experienced Priest to work alongside the priest-in-charge of the conventional district who:
- as a leader, inspires others with their own love of God and will enrich the spiritual life of the churches
- is a creative thinker and strategic planner who will further develop the churches’ community engagement and mission priorities
- has experience of leading churches into growth
- is a creative liturgist who will honour the choral tradition of St Nicholas’ while helping us to explore new ways of worshipping across the parish
- will motivate and nurture others in their gifts and ministries
- will embrace the diocesan strategy and play a full part in the deanery
For a full specification of this position, click here.