Wonderful News ! It was announced in both churches on Sunday 28 May 2017 that The Reverend Michael Boag, currently of the Parish of Upper Coquetdale, Northumberland will be joining us as Rector.
Michael, who originally hails from New Zealand, is currently Rector of Upper Coquetdale (near Newcastle) a parish of six flourishing churches in three districts covering 180 square miles of remote rural Northumberland.
Leading a team of three clergy, he is governor of two church schools, trustee of two local charities, and chair of the local neighbourhood planning development group. He is chair of the local Royal British Legion and Police Force.
Michael has a choral background as Succentor at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, organising singers, organists, and the Royal Household and ensuring that traditional Anglican liturgy was offered to the very highest standards.
The churchwardens are happy he is right for Worth Parish and are really delighted that he accepted. We welcome Fr Michael to our Parish and look forward to his Ministry.
Please join us at his licensing by Martin, Bishop of Chichester, on Monday 2nd October 2017 at 19.30 at St Nicholas’ Church, Worth, RH10 7RT.
We are looking for a PCC Secretary to help our Parochial Church Council in the Parish of Worth, Pound Hill, Maidenbower and Forge Wood.
The job description is as follows:
- Attend 4-6 PCC meetings per year and take notes
- Prepare minutes for approval and circulation
- Keep full records of minutes, agenda and supporting documents both hard copy and electronic
- Prepare agenda for each meeting in conjunction with Clergy and wardens
- The above duties also apply to our Annual Meeting (APCM)
You may also be asked to fulfil these duties for the meetings of the Standing Committee.
Other Responsibilities, with assistance from office staff as necessary
- Manage Charities Commission website keeping details and submissions up to date
- Ensure Parish Returns are submitted to Church House, Chichester Diocese
- Keep records of PCC membership up to date – especially after elections and APCM
- Display recent PCC signed Minutes and Agenda for church to read if required
- Have a knowledge of forms required – for PCC Trustees to sign, for PCC nominations et.c.
- Display an up to date Safeguarding Policy and PCC Safeguarding Officer in all church locations
A Handbook for PCC Secretaries is available online and in the office, as well as a full folder of procedures to help you fulfil your duties.
Associate Vicar of St Barnabas’, Pound Hill and Forgewood within the parish of Worth, Maidenbower, Pound Hill and Forgewood.
The Bishop of Chichester seeks to appoint an Associate Vicar to this parish situated in the new town of Crawley, West Sussex. The parish has excellent rail and road links to London and Brighton and the surrounding areas.
- Supportive and welcoming congregation of 140 members on the electoral role, 40 adults attend the Sunday services
- Enthusiastic hardworking congregation
- Vicarage (4 bedrooms, near shops and station)
- A modern church with large hall and pastoral centre attached
- Close links with community schools
We are praying for a person who:
- Has the ability to encourage people in their spiritual lives and develop and enable lay leadership
- Has an inclusive approach to the pastoral needs of all age groups within the church family
- Has a heart for outreach and mission in our growing community
- Can oversee worship that is traditional, informal and innovative
For a full job specification, click here.
Rector, St Nicholas’ Worth and Forge Wood with the conventional district of St Barnabas’ Pound Hill and Maidenbower, in the modern town of Crawley in West Sussex.
We are a busy Parish with two churches each having their own style of worship. St Nicholas’ Worth, is a Grade I listed Saxon building in a country setting (very popular as a wedding venue) whilst St Barnabas’ Pound Hill is a 1950s new town church with a large Hall, Pastoral Centre and other facilities located in the neighbourhood hub. Together they serve a growing population of approximately 25,000 people. There are excellent local facilities and good road and rail connections to London and the surrounding areas.
The parish is looking for a Rector, who is an experienced Priest to work alongside the priest-in-charge of the conventional district who:
- as a leader, inspires others with their own love of God and will enrich the spiritual life of the churches
- is a creative thinker and strategic planner who will further develop the churches’ community engagement and mission priorities
- has experience of leading churches into growth
- is a creative liturgist who will honour the choral tradition of St Nicholas’ while helping us to explore new ways of worshipping across the parish
- will motivate and nurture others in their gifts and ministries
- will embrace the diocesan strategy and play a full part in the deanery
For a full specification of this position, click here.