Associate Vicar of St Barnabas’, Pound Hill and Forgewood within the parish of Worth, Maidenbower, Pound Hill and Forgewood.
The Bishop of Chichester seeks to appoint an Associate Vicar to this parish situated in the new town of Crawley, West Sussex. The parish has excellent rail and road links to London and Brighton and the surrounding areas.
- Supportive and welcoming congregation of 140 members on the electoral role, 40 adults attend the Sunday services
- Enthusiastic hardworking congregation
- Vicarage (4 bedrooms, near shops and station)
- A modern church with large hall and pastoral centre attached
- Close links with community schools
We are praying for a person who:
- Has the ability to encourage people in their spiritual lives and develop and enable lay leadership
- Has an inclusive approach to the pastoral needs of all age groups within the church family
- Has a heart for outreach and mission in our growing community
- Can oversee worship that is traditional, informal and innovative
For a full job specification, click here.
Rector, St Nicholas’ Worth and Forge Wood with the conventional district of St Barnabas’ Pound Hill and Maidenbower, in the modern town of Crawley in West Sussex.
We are a busy Parish with two churches each having their own style of worship. St Nicholas’ Worth, is a Grade I listed Saxon building in a country setting (very popular as a wedding venue) whilst St Barnabas’ Pound Hill is a 1950s new town church with a large Hall, Pastoral Centre and other facilities located in the neighbourhood hub. Together they serve a growing population of approximately 25,000 people. There are excellent local facilities and good road and rail connections to London and the surrounding areas.
The parish is looking for a Rector, who is an experienced Priest to work alongside the priest-in-charge of the conventional district who:
- as a leader, inspires others with their own love of God and will enrich the spiritual life of the churches
- is a creative thinker and strategic planner who will further develop the churches’ community engagement and mission priorities
- has experience of leading churches into growth
- is a creative liturgist who will honour the choral tradition of St Nicholas’ while helping us to explore new ways of worshipping across the parish
- will motivate and nurture others in their gifts and ministries
- will embrace the diocesan strategy and play a full part in the deanery
For a full specification of this position, click here.