Here are some prayer activities that have been developed to be used
at home during the coronavirus pandemic. Developed by http://www.prayerspacesinschools.com for children and young people, they are very suitable for all to do.
What could be nicer than a summer’s afternoon tea followed by a stroll round the grounds of our ancient church, the 11th oldest in the country? Well, the bellringers at St Nicholas’ invite you to join us as they provide a delicious spread of homemade sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, a selection of cakes and tea, coffee and soft drinks. Special diets can be catered for on prior request and all profits go directly to parish funds for things such as the cost of repairing the roof of our beautiful Saxon church.
Tickets are £10 in advance and only 80 covers can be taken, so get them now, either from the churchwardens or from EventBrite here.
We are now offering help with researching your family history. If you have an ancestor buried at St Nicholas’, Worth, click here for more information on how we may be able to help.
To get a sneak peak, here is our crib service sheet for tomorrow’s service (24/12/15 at 4pm). There are crib services at each church, so take your pick !
We’d love you to join us for our Carol Service at St Barnabas’ Pound Hill, this Sunday, 20th December at 4pm. It is suitable for all ages and you can view the service sheet here.
This September, there are lots of opportunities for you to exercise your voice with us with varying levels of commitment.
- You could simply turn up at 11am on Saturday September 19th and enjoy being part of a choir for the day at our “Come and Sing Musicals” workshop and informal concert.
- You might want to become part of the Worth Festival Choir, a choir that only forms for 2 events a year. Our rehearsals start this Sunday 6th September, 2-4pm and continue each Sunday at this time until November 1st, when we will be performing extracts from Mozart’s Requiem as part of an All Souls Memorial Service. We’d be delighted to have you !
- Finally, you, or someone you know, might want to join Worth Choir. Currently, this choir is a mixed group of fifteen singers who work hard to maintain the remarkable choral tradition which St Nicholas’ has supported since the 15th century. No specific musical experience is required to join the choir. More important is the enthusiasm and willingness to commit and to learn. To see what sort of things we sing, you can view our September music list here. To find out more, email email@example.com
Here are some more pictures of this year’s fete. Thanks for coming ! See you next year.
The list of raffle prizes for our fete on 22nd August at Worth Rectory, is currently as follows:
- One month’s family membership of Nuffield Health (Fitness and Wellbeing Centre)
- Two-course meal for 4 people at the Coaching Halt with a bottle of house wine
- Framed watercolour of St Nicholas’ Church, Worth
- Gel Manicure or Pedicure (kindly donated by Bodikind)
- A LEGO set
- Another LEGO set
- Goodie bag from “Beautiful Nails & Body Salon” including £25 voucher
- Chiropody Treatment (kindly donated by Bodikind)
- Mounted photograph of St Nicholas’ Church, Worth (kindly donated by Bill Puttick)
- A hamper of foods
- A bottle of something nice
- Set of 6 individual casserole dishes
- Automatic golf putter
- Ice-watch with Swarovski crystals (worth £100)
- Ladies’ beauty products
- A wine course for 2 people at Majesticwine
- A £10 voucher from The Master Fryer – Crawley
- Children’s golf set (kindly donated by ASDA)
- Children’s badminton set (kindly donated by ASDA)
- A box of biscuits
- Men’s and ladies’ toiletry gift sets
- Set of mystery books
- Cool bag
Today I’ve updated the website to reflect that our informal kids and family service at St Nicholas’ Church is now running twice a month ! Hurrah ! See www.worthparish.org/nics for more information.