If you’d like to know what we are singing up at St Nicholas’ at our forthcoming services, click here for the music list which covers April, including our Easter services.
We were very lucky today to have the wonderful boys and men of Chichester Cathedral Choir to sing Evensong at St Nicholas’, Worth. They were so well-behaved and polite, and of course, made a lovely sound in the acoustics of our ancient building. It was such a treat for all who were there, and thank you to all for giving so generously in the retiring collection. For those who couldn’t make it, please enjoy these photographs.
Save the date of Sunday October 21 2018 !
We are delighted to announce that Chichester Cathedral Choir will be visiting St Nicholas’ Worth, to sing Choral Evensong at 4pm. Refreshments afterwards.
Full details of music will be announced in due course.
Our choir, based at St Nicholas’, Worth is looking to expand. We currently have a small (but merry!) band of singers most Sunday mornings and call upon others for our twice-yearly Evensongs.
We are particularly interested in recruiting people with previous choral experience. Did you or someone you know sing in church when younger? Do you fancy getting back into it? Does your voice blend well ? Perhaps you miss psalm-singing?
Or perhaps you simply want to join a choir for the first time since reading the recent research that shows it improves your psychological well-being!
We work hard but it’s rewarding and fun with a professional Director of Music who inspires us. Rehearsals are Fridays 7.30-9pm and again for 30 minutes before the 9.45 Sunday morning service. You do not have to commit to every single Sunday.
We would be overjoyed to hear from you, so:
- Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the parish office on 0300 111 8150
- Come and say hello one Sunday morning after the service
This September, there are lots of opportunities for you to exercise your voice with us with varying levels of commitment.
- You could simply turn up at 11am on Saturday September 19th and enjoy being part of a choir for the day at our “Come and Sing Musicals” workshop and informal concert.
- You might want to become part of the Worth Festival Choir, a choir that only forms for 2 events a year. Our rehearsals start this Sunday 6th September, 2-4pm and continue each Sunday at this time until November 1st, when we will be performing extracts from Mozart’s Requiem as part of an All Souls Memorial Service. We’d be delighted to have you !
- Finally, you, or someone you know, might want to join Worth Choir. Currently, this choir is a mixed group of fifteen singers who work hard to maintain the remarkable choral tradition which St Nicholas’ has supported since the 15th century. No specific musical experience is required to join the choir. More important is the enthusiasm and willingness to commit and to learn. To see what sort of things we sing, you can view our September music list here. To find out more, email email@example.com